monster employment index 2016 trends e recruitment activity Highlights y-o-y June Report
Monster employment index 2016
The everyday mushrooming private jobs created a platform for online e-recruitment activity. Monster is one such platform. Monster employment index which provides comprehensive online job posting and recruitment analysis is released recently. In this article, we have all the details of Monster employment index (MEI) for the month of June. Online hiring in various sectors, their percentage (year over year) Y-o-Y growth, and other trends. According to MEI, there has been 17 percent growth in the online recruitment activity which was lower than past few months. Among the various sectors, education sector saw highest online recruitment activity. Here is the detailed report.
About Monster India
Monster India is online career and job recruitment website which provides job profiles to the employers and available jobs to the job seekers. Monster has a worldwide network with more than 200 million profiles. Monster India is headquartered in Hyderabad. Every year a comprehensive online job posting analysis is made by Monster India, which is termed as Monster employment index. The data is validated by research America Inc an independent auditing firm. The index represents national wide employer online recruitment activity.
Y-O-Y trends by monster India
For the month of May, the MEI y-o-y growth rate was 27 percent. The online recruitment activity reduced by 10 percent compared to last year. The maximum y-o-y e-recruitment activity in education sector geared up to 65 percent, which is highest among all the sectors. The reasons behind this can be attributed to the new key policies taken up by the central government. The other reason may be because all the educational institutions take up the faculty during the months of May and June. Health care professionals have witnessed prominent Y-O-Y demand with a 41percent increase in the same. IT sector showed significant slowdown of Y-O-Y growth when compared to may 2016. Here we are mentioning some key points related to the y-o-y demand in various sectors.
Overall Highlights of Y-O-Y trends
- 17 percent growth in online recruitment activity MEI reports
- Education sector witnesses the highest growth of 65%
- Health care professionals are in high demand with 41% increase in y-o-y demand.
- IT software and hardware had lesser growth rate when compared to may 2016.
- The other key sectors which witnessed negative growth rate are shipping and marine, office equipment /automation, NGO, Govt and PSU jobs and garments textile industries.
Year over year trends in occupation
With increasing professional organisations and industries the requirement for senior management professionals is on demand. With exceptional demand, the market for senior managers increased by 50% when compared to the previous year. The other occupations which witnessed good demand are health care, customer service, marketing and communications, etc. arts/creativity and hospitality sectors saw negative growth.
- Senior management professionals are in high demand
- Healthcare sector also required a large number of professionals. The online recruitment activity grew by 41% when compared to the previous year.
- Arts/creativity and hospitality and travel had negative recruitment growth rate.
Geographical Y-O-Y trends
Out of 13 cities, the online recruitment increased in 12 cities. the e-recruitment process was high in Chennai and Chandigarh for the month of June 2016. Kochi was the only city in the country which saw negative growth in e-recruitment. A 6% drop in the recruitment activity was observed. Y-o-y trends are on a hike in the cities of Ahmedabad, Coimbatore and Jaipur.
- Chennai and Chandigarh e-recruitment activity up by 39%
- Kochi recorded negative growth by 6%
- Mumbai and Delhi NCR witnessed 18 % and 16% y-o-y growth rate respectively.
This comprehensive analysis and trends help both the employers and employees to take a right career path and the area to work. We hope the Monster employment index keeps continuing the great work in the field of online recruitment. The Monster employment index provides the y-o-y trends of various parts of the world.