UPSC NDA Syllabus
Start your preparation for National / Naval Defence Academy by considering UPSC NDA Syllabus. Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the NDAexamination in order to recruit eligible and deserving candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force. Those who are going to be a part of exam must require NDA & NA I/II Syllabi to make better preparation. Thus, we have provided UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 Pdf and UPSC NDA Exam Pattern for your ease.
Applicants who want NDA Syllabus 2018 regarding preparation must Download NDA Syllabus PDF Free via online. Syllabus, Previous Papers PDF, Best books are best study material helps in qualifying the exam easily. Applicants, to get complete UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 PDF must scroll down this page which is well structured by the dedicated team member of indguru.com
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018
Here we have provided complete NDA Entrance Exam Syllabus PDF!! Those who are going to participate in the exam and want to qualify the exam with good marks must prepare with NDA Syllabus PDF 2018. Check complete NDA Exam Syllabus PDF from below structured page.
UPSC NDA Exam Syllabus for paper 1 (Mathematics):
|Algebra||Statistics and Probability|
- Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams
- De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Complex numbers – basic properties, modulus, argument and cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
- Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean, Median and Mode
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Correlation and regression
- Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events
- Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples
- Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems
- Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution
|Matrices and Determinants||Vector Algebra|
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices
- Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors
- Vector product and cross product of two vectors
Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems
|Differential Calculus||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
- Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function
- Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions
- Notion of limit, Standard limits – examples
- Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions
- Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function
- Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples
- General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples
- Application in problems of growth and decay
|Trigonometry||Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions|
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications – Height and distance, properties of triangles
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Distance formula
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
- Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios
- Equation of a plane and a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines and angle between two planes
- Equation of a sphere
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|Matrices and Determination|
|Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Statistics and Probability|
Part A: National Defence Academy exam Syllabi for English
The question paper in English is designed to test the candidate’s understanding of the English language and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various broad topics, like
- Grammar and Application
- Comprehension and Cohesion
Part B: NDA Syllabus 2018 in Hindi Pdf for General Knowledge
- General Science
- Social Studies
- Current Events
|Section ‘A’ (Physics)|
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume,
- Density and Specific Gravity
- Principle of Archimedes
- Pressure Barometer
- Motion of objects
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum
- Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat.
- Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells,
- Use of X-Rays
|Section ‘B’ (Chemistry)|
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems)
- Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and
- Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon— different forms. Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gun-Powder
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency
|Section ‘C’ (General Science)|
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Food—Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet
- The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists
|Section ‘D’ (History, Freedom Movement etc.)|
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and
- Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial
- Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
|Section ‘E’ (Geography)|
- The Earth, its shape and size
- Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time
- International Date Line
- Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering—Mechanical and
- Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation
- Precipitation; Types of Climate, Major Natural regions of the World
- Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation
- Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India
|Section ‘F’ (Current Events)|
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years
- Current important world events
- Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
UPS NDA Paper Pattern II
|General Ability test||English||600|
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern
- UPSC NDA Exam paper includes two sections i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Both test papers consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Time||Marks|
|Paper I: Mathematics||120||2.5 Hours||300|
|Paper II: English & General Ability||150||2.5 Hours||600|
NDA Exam Marking scheme
|Subjects||Total Marks||Marks for Correct Answer||Marks for Incorrect Answer|
|General Knowledge||600||4|| -1.33|
Check Here: NDA Exam Pattern
Intelligence and Personality Test
SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – Stage I and Stage II. Only those applicants who will qualify in Stage I are eligible to appear in Stage II. Get complete details as given below:
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
Read Here – Advantages of Formal Dressing at Job Interviews
List of NDA Exam Centers
The Examination will be held at the following Centers:
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair
NDA NA 1 Previous Year Papers
This exam is conducted every year. So, it will be easy to collect the NDA NA 1 Previous Year Papers. Applicants who want to crack this exam easily are advised to solve the papers of previous year. It will help you to understand the level of questions. Appliers are needed to start your preparation with NDA Previous Year Question Paper and UPSC NA Exam Pattern & NDA Exam Syllabus Pdf Download.
Check Now: NDA Previous Year Papers
UPSC NDA Preparation Books
After getting complete updated UPSC NDA syllabus form above structured page, candidates can start preparation for the exam by referring Best books for UPSC NDA preparation from below-
|NDA / NA Books||Author|
|Manorama Yearbook||Mathew M|
|Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy||R S Aggarwal|
|Objective General Knowlegde & Current Affairs||Disha Experts|
|Objective General Knowlegde & Current Affairs|
|Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination National Defence Academy/Naval Academy Conducted by UPSC|
|Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|NDA & NA National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Entrance Examination: 10 Practice Sets (English) by Expert Compilations||–|
|NDA INA Practice Papers: Conducted by UPSC (English)||Sachchida Nand Jha|
|Chapterwise- Sectionwise Solved Papers NDA & NA (Mathematics/English/General Ability) with Explanatory Solutions : Mathematics / English / General Ability with Explanatory Solutions Latest (English)||Arihant Experts|
Check Also: NDA Exam Preparation Books
NDA Study Plan
- Get latest updated syllabus and exam pattern.
- Now set a routine and make strategy to prepare more and more topics in lesser time.
- Boost up your General knowledge reading newspaper and watching TV daily.
- Improve speaking skills as well as grammar to qualify English paper.
- To qualify the mathematics use shortcuts of calculation and all basic concepts must be clear.
- Use best preparation books for NDA exam.
- Practice daily with online mock test.
- Practice hard to deduct week points and get strong command over it.
- Solve daily NDA NA previous year papers to be more efficient & increase the speed.
Get here List of: NDA Coaching Institutes
Aspirants may start their preparation with UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018 as framed above. Visitors may stay in contact with this web page to grab latest updates concerning UPSC NDA Exam, UPSC NDA Syllabi, Admit Card, Answer Key etc or visit the Official Link. You may also bookmark it by pressing ctrl + d to grab information instantly.
Have a Look On below Given Section