CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 Age Limit, Relaxation & Qualification Required To Apply For CLAT Exam
National University has published CLAT Eligibility criteria along with the notification of the Common Law Admission Test. Well, those students who are going to apply for the law entrance exam need to understand the eligibility criteria of Common Law Admission Test 2018. CLAT 2018 eligibility criteria identify educational qualifications, maximum age and minimum marks, required to apply for Common Law Admission Test 2018. Candidates can get relevant information such as Age Limit to apply for CLAT, Relaxation & Qualification Required for CLAT Exam from this page.
In addition, aspirants can check here the eligibility criteria for both UG and PG law programmes. Furthermore students may also note that the Common Law Admission Test participating National University’s may have some of their specific eligibility criteria for CLAT 2018 admissions. Candidates are hereby informed that the compliance of such aspirants will be cancelled even at last stage, if found ineligible. To get more information about CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2018, you need to scroll down the entire page which is well prepared by the team of indguru.com.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Undergraduate Programmes
Aspirant who want to take admission in undergraduate programmes including BA LLB, B.Com LLB and B.Sc LLB across NLUs must check minimum conditions required for CLAT eligibility criteria 2018 as detailed below
Educational Qualification– Students who are applying for B.Com LLB, BA LLB and B.Sc LLB programmes need to qualify 12th board examination under 10+2 school system.
Students need to score at least 45 % marks in cumulative of the subjects appeared in the 12th board examination. Furthermore, those candidates who are belonging to SC and ST categories and applying for CLAT 2018 need to score at least 40 per cent marks in the aggregate of subjects.
Age Criteria– According to Supreme Court’s order, any law candidate can fill the application form as per revised CLAT eligibility criteria. There is no age bar for CLAT application form as the apex court stays BCI’s age policy for this year.
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate programmes
Students who will be filling application form for the postgraduate programmes including LLM across NLUs can check below minimum conditions required for CLAT 2018 eligibility criteria.
Educational Qualification– Students who are applying for LLM programmes need to possess an LLB degree. The UG law degree can be either of 3 years or the 5 years integrated. The UG law degree needs to be awarded by an institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Aspirants need to score at least 55 % marks in comprehensive of the subjects studied at LL.B degree programme. Those belonging to SC, ST and other reserved categories need to score at least 50% marks in the final year of LL.B degree examination, to be considered eligible for CLAT 2018 for PG programmes.
Age Criteria– As per Bar Council of India’s rules, there is no age limit specified for appearing in CLAT 2018 for PG programmes. This means, the students meeting the aforementioned educational qualification with the minimum marks can apply for CLAT 2018.
CLAT Eligibility for NRI
Students who are looking the seats under the NRI quota must consider that the seats under NRI/NRI Sponsored Category in all the participating universities except WBNUJS, Kolkata, West Bengal, shall be filled by the apprehensive universities separately on the basis of CLAT merit. The admissions are not carried out through CLAT office.
- There are total 17 seats for the student’s wannabe for admissions in the undergraduate courses whereas there are no seats available for post graduate program
- During CLAT Office: CLAT Office will issue the list of students eligible for taking admission under this category
- Documents required by the NRI Candidates at the time of CLAT Admission Procedure:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student, Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months and official document from the local legation stating that the person is a NRI/OCI or PIO Card.
Check Here: CLAT Exam Analysis
NLU Reservation Policy
Reservation of seats at NLUs
|Category||Seats Reserved (out of total seats)|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 percent|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15 percent|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||27 percent|
CLAT 2018 Application Form Details
The candidates should fill the accurate information in the CLAT 2018 application forms.
- The CLAT application form 2018 will be available on the official website from 02-01-2018 till 31-03-2018.
- An aspirant has to login online to fill the CLAT 2018 registration form
- Applicants are requested to recheck the filled details before submitting the CLAT 2018 registration forms.
- The candidate can get more details about the application form and payment ways by hitting on the application form link.
- The candidates have to pay the application form fees, the application fee is Rs 4000 (Rs. 3500 for ST/SC).
Check Here: CLAT Syllabus
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- There is a total of 18 NLUs in the country. The responsibility of carrying out CLAT 2018 examination is given to a particular NLU every year
- CLAT 2018 examination will be conducted in 138 exam centers all over India through online process.
- There are around 1100 seats in NLUs all over the country
- Interested candidate who registered productively will be eligible for CLAT Exam
- Candidates have to go through the eligibility criteria before registering for the examination.
- The exam date for CLAT 2018 is announced on 14-05-2018
|Activity||UG Progrmme||PG Programme|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test||Computer Based Test|
|Medium of Exam||English||English|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Total Marks||200 MCQs||150 MCQs|
|Correct Answer||1 Mark||1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||0.25 Marks||0.25 Marks|
Candidates, if you are satisfied with the above stated information then you can bookmark this web page by using CTRL+D. You can also follow us on face book ad google plus for latest updates. If you have any query then you can ask in comment box which is provided below.