GATE 2018 Notification www.gate.iitg.ac.in Application Form, Exam Important Dates Download
- GATE Notification
- GATE Registration 2018
- GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- GATE Registration Fee
- GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
- GATE Syllabus
- Information required for filling GATE Application Form 2018
- What is the process to fill GATE Online Application Form 2018?
- How to recover GATE Enrolment ID or Password?
- GATE 2018 Important Dates
- spread the word :
GATE 2018 Notification is out now!! Candidates who are waiting for GATE Application Form are hereby notified that GATE Online Registration starts from 01st September 2017. Aspirants can also check all GATE Important Dates from this page. Contenders who are desirous to take admission for M.Tech / Ph.D courses in IITs, IISc and various other Institutes / Universities / Laboratories in India as well as meet with the eligibility criteria can apply now for GATE Notification 2018.
Contenders are informed that the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Exam is going to be held on 03-02-2018 to 04-02-2018 & 10-02-2018 & 11-02-2018. In this concern, online link for submission of application form is available at official website that is www.gate.iitg.ac.in till 05-10-2017.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a nationalized test which is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on rotational basis. Students seeking to get admitted for this engineering and science aptitude test may apply for GATE Exam 2018. Candidates may attain further additional facts about GATE Notification 2018 through this page which are well uttered below by the team of indguru.com.
GATE Registration 2018
In the beneath section of this page, we have shared GATE Information. Before going to apply against GATE Notification, you must readout the complete GATE Information Brochure.
- Interested candidates must apply for GATE Registration through online mode.
- GATE Application Form will be available on the Gate Official Website from 01-09-2017.
- GATE Online Application Form will be closed on 05-10-2017.
- Candidates need to fill and submit Gate Online Form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Aspirants must register themselves as a “New User” and after get registered candidates will get the access to GATE GOAPS Login.
- They need to GATE Login by entering GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- At the time of filling GATE Online Application, candidates must upload scanned photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate or category certificate.
- Those candidates belong from abroad, they can also apply against Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.
- GATE Examination 2018 will be conducted in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates.
- Application procedure for international candidates is same as Indians.
- For the purpose of applying, International candidates need to verify their valid passport.
Check Out: Registration Steps for GATE 2018
GATE Paper & Code
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|*XE Paper Sections||Code||**XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
Check Also: List of Entrance Exam
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
As per the GATE Brochure, aspirants want to apply for GATE Notification must have completed Bachelor’s degree & Master’s degree in relevant field form the recognized university or institute or MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India). Here we are also providing course wise GATE Eligibility Criteria. Have a look!!
|Qualification Required||Description about the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or|
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Check Out: List of Fake Universities in India
GATE Registration Fee
Candidates, who are going to fill GATE Application Form, are informed that they have to pay GATE 2018 Registration Fee. The payment of GATE 2018 Application Fee will be done via Net banking, debit card or e-challan. Applicants can check GATE Application Fee according to category from given table.
|Category||GATE 2018 Application Fee|
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to apply for GATE 2018 Notification and want to crack this toughest entrance exam easily they need to make their exam preparation according to GATE Exam Pattern as given below for your ease.
- Course: M.Tech./Ph.D. programme in IITs , IISc and various other institutions
- Number of Papers: GATE 2018 is held for total 23 papers. Candidates are allowed to appear in only one of the 23 papers.
- Mode of Examination: online only (CBT)
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination. For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT. Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
- New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark. Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No Negative Marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
|Section||Question No.||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|Technical + Engineering + Mathematics||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|Technical Section: 70 marks||General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics: 15 marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL
- 25 questions of 1 mark each.
- 30 questions of 2 marks each.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper GG
- Part A – 25 questions of 1 mark each. This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 questions of 2 marks each. This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XE
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 questions will be asked. 7 questions of 1 mark each and 4 questions of 2 marks each. It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks.
- 10 questions from GA.
Exam Pattern For Paper XL
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 questions (5 questions of 1 marks and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 questions (10 questions of 1 mark each and 10 questions of 2 marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
GATE Virtual Calculator
GATE virtual calculator is the online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations. During the GATE Online Examination, the virtual Calculator will be provided. Applicants are informed that no physical calculator will be allowed in the examination hall. Students have to use the virtual calculator for solving Numerical Answer Type Questions.
GATE Exam is held for total 23 papers. Thus, GATE 2018 Syllabus for each discipline is different. For an effective preparation, it is important to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked. It is hard to describe the complete syllabus of GATE in few lines. However, the students can download the official PDF of GATE 2018 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL.
GATE Application Form Correction
The authorities provide the facility to do minor modification in GATE 2018 Application Form. Candidates will be allowed to do correction after the submission of application form. In case, if any mistake has committed by the candidate in application then, he/she has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the document proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications will be granted in the following fields:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
Information required for filling GATE Application Form 2018
- Candidates must keep ready photo identity card details like – Driving License/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar UID/ College ID/ Employee Identification Card/ Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address
- Recent photograph and high-quality image of signature of the given specifications
- Personal details such as name date of birth, mobile number, parents’ name, etc.
- Scanned copy of B.Tech degree certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates) in pdf format
- College address
- Choice of GATE paper and exam centres
- Candidates appearing in in bachelors or masters level final examination must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional certificate
- Degree certificate if candidates have passed the qualifying exam
- Communication address
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) is prescribed format
- Disability Certificate (if applicable) if applicable
- Net Banking details of the respective banks if fee paid online
Check Out: GATE Question Paper
GATE Notification: Photograph Specification required
|Dimension||Width x Height: 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print.JPEG: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel)|
|Color||The photograph must be in colour, clearly visible, high quality and taken after 1st August 2017 in a professional studio|
|Clarity||Background of the photograph must be white or a very light color.|
|Face of the candidate||The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph looking towards camera. A passport size photograph of the face of the candidate|
|The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or anyshadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.|
|Candidates must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses.|
GATE 2018 Application Form: Signature
|Dimension||The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels.The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.|
|Size||Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) in the A4 white paper.|
|Clarity||Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.|
|Sign of the candidate||The signature with all capital letters or in any other colour than black and blue are not allowed|
|Whole image of the signature must professional using a scanner.|
What is the process to fill GATE Online Application Form 2018?
Candidates who are willing to apply for GATE Notification need to fill and submit GATE Registration Form through online mode in prescribed manner.
Step 01: contenders need to log on to the GATE Official Website that is www.gate.iitr.ernet.in.
Step 02: now, candidates must hit on “Information Brochure” tab which has shown at the left side of the homepage.
Step 03: Then PDF will be opened at your device’s screen. You are advised to read it carefully before going to apply.
Step 04: after reading the complete information, applicants must press “Apply Online” link and Fill GATE 2018 Online Application Form with complete in correct manner.
Step 05: After filling form for www.gate.iitg.ac.in GATE Notification, candidates need to pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
Step 06: when you have done all process, need to upload the scanned image of degree completion certificate or final year / semester mark sheet and other essential documents
Step 07: In the end, preview once all filled details then press on “Submit” button to apply for GATE Notification.
Step 08: Finally, you are advised to take the print out of GATE Exam Application Form and keep it safely for future use.
Download Now: Information Brochure
How to recover GATE Enrolment ID or Password?
In case candidates forget their GATE 2018 enrolment ID or password, they can follow steps given to recover their lost enrolment ID or password.
Forgot enrollment ID or not received their enrollment id via email: If applicants forgot their GATE enrollment ID then go to the official website and select the option to get enrollment ID then submit their registered mobile number and password. Your enrollment ID will be sent via SMS to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
Forgot Password: Aspirants can retrieve the forget password through registered Email ID and mobile number. For this, you need go through the official website and enter all asked de tails by using the appropriate link.
If Forgot both Enrollment ID and Password: In this case, the candidate who has paid the fees must contact their respective zonal office. If the candidate has not paid then they will have to register themselves.
GATE 2018 Important Dates
|Events||GATE 2018 Exam Dates|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||01-09-2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||05-10-2017 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||17-11-2017 (Friday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||05-01-2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Online Examination Dates||03-02-2018 to 04-02-2018 & 10-02-2018 & 11-02-2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||17-03-2018 (Saturday)|
GATE 2018 Admit Card
All applicants are informed that they can download GATE Admit Card through official website which will be available 05-01-2018. You may collect your hall ticket by using their enrollment ID and email address. It is the mandatory document for appearing the examination so, you have to keep it safe. Along with call letters, aspirants have to carry valid ID proof such as:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Valid College ID
- Employee identification Card
- Driving License
GATE Answer Key
After examination, within few days the authorities will release GATE Answer Key. Applicants may get Answer Key through official web portal according to paper code and check their answers. You may also calculate your marks with it.
GATE 2018 Results
It is expected that, in the last week of March 2018, the GATE Result will be declared. To check their exam outcome aspirants have to visit the official website. After the declaration of result, GATE Score cards will be available for the candidates who secure marks equal or more than the cut-off marks.
GATE Score Card
Only qualified candidates will get GATE Score Card. The validity of it will be three years from the date of announcement of result. Appliers can download the score card from the last week of March to May 2018.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
For admission to IITs and IISc, the contender’s eligibility will be decided on the basis of GATE Cut off marks. It is the factor which decides whether candidates are qualified in exam or not. It may vary according to stream and category.
GATE 2018 Counseling
App applicants are informed that there is no common counseling will be conducted by IITS for providing admission to PG courses. When the admission notification will be released, candidates have to apply individually. NITs organize the Centralized Counselling (common counseling) for M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan Admissions (CCMT). Counseling is purely based on GATE 2018 scores.
GATE FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Candidates who are going to apply for GATE Notification can get the answers for Frequently Asked Questions as stated below:
# Question 01: Can I use one e-mail address to fill multiple application forms?
Ans: One e-mail address can be used to submit only ONE application form. Candidates are discouraged to fill multiple application forms using different e-mail addresses.
# Question 02: How do I make the fee payment for GATE 2018 examination?
Ans: There is a link to the payment gateway from the application portal. The candidate can opt for any of the payment options listed over there. The additional charges such as service charges, processing fees or bank charges, have to be borne by the candidate.
# Question 03: Do I have to send the print-out of the application form?
Ans: The print-out of the application form is not required to be sent to the Organizing Institute (IIT Guwahati) or any other GATE zonal offices.
# Question 04: When will I receive my Admit Card?
Ans: Admit Card can ONLY be downloaded from the GOAPS website from 5th January 2018. Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post or as e-mail attachment.
# Question 05: After submission of application, am I permitted to change my GATE Examination Paper?
Ans: Requests for the change of GATE Examination paper after the submission of Application Form WILL NOT be permitted.
# Question 06: Will I be provided with any white paper for rough work and calculations during the examination?
Ans: A scribble pad will be provided to the candidate that can be used to do the rough work. The candidate has to return the scribble pad after the examination.
# Question 07: Will there be a “magnified question paper” for visually challenged PwD candidates?
Ans: YES. Once you reach the examination hall, please contact the GATE Institute Representative through the invigilator in your examination hall and he/she will do the needful.
Check Here: List of Latest Admission Notices
Jobs after GATE!!
Candidates who are going to apply for GATE Notification are hereby notified that there is great job opportunities for GATE Qualified candidates. Various PSU’s hire aspirants through GATE Examination and offered impressive salary. For your ease, here we are providing list of reputed organization which provide the job platform to the applicants.
|S.No.||Name of PSU|
|1||Haryana Power Utilities|
|23||Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India|
|28||BAARC: OCES/ DGFS|
|38||THDC India Ltd|
|42||Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd (MRVC Ltd)|
|43||National Textile Corporation|
|44||Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd|
|45||Coal India Ltd|
Candidates who want to attain more details concerning GATE 2018 Notification may go through with the Official Link. Keep visiting this web portal to obtain latest updates regarding GATE Notification such as GATE Result, Admit Card, Syllabus, Exam Pattern etc