How To Crack GATE 2018 Exam In First Attempt Without Coaching, Self-Study Tips By Toppers
How To Crack GATE
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 is one of the difficult exams in India, that’s why all wonders to know How to Crack GATE 2018 Exam in First Attempt. Seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science conducts Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering on rotational basis to provide eligible candidates admission into ME, M.Tech, MS and Direct Ph.D. programmes in IITs, IISc, IISERs. Even though, lots of Government as well as Private Companies/ Institution also consider marks secure by candidates in Gate Exam to recruit Deserving individuals.
However, Aptitude Test is not a cup of tea but it requires so much hard work and best preparation to crack it. Thus, we will come with Best preparation tips To Crack GATE Exam without Coaching so that, you can qualify test through Self-Study. We the team of indguru.com has also provided Tips by Toppers to Crack GATE Exam. Participating candidates must read this entire page to know How To Crack GATE 2018 Exam and score marks better than other competitors.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is India Level Entrance Exam which is conducted seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science. . GATE Examination includes 23 papers that are AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, XE and XL. Objective of conducting the GATE Exam is to provide admission to ME, M.Tech, MS and Direct Ph.D. programmes in IITs, IISc, IISERs across the Indian Country. However, many of the PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) and private institutes recruit candidates through GATE Qualification and scores. GATE is organized not only to analyze the Candidates Technical Skills, but also check applicant’s logical and analytical skills as well.
Every year applicants in large participate for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to get admission into management programmes. This year also exam is going to be conducted on 03-02-2018, 04-02-2018, 10-02-2018 and 11-02-2018 (Saturdays & Sundays). If you are one of them and want to qualify the exam with good marks are required to prepare well. For this, you need best Self-Study Tips To Crack GATE 2018 Exam. Here we have well created this page Preparation tips for GATE Exam. Those who wonder How to Crack GATE Exam Without Coaching must have a look-
Check Out: GATE Registration Details
How To Crack GATE 2018 Exam In First Attempt?
How To Crack GATE Exam In First Attempt? If you are going for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for the first time and nervous How To Crack GATE 2018 examination, then here we have discuss some steps that How To Crack GATE Exam with Self-Study. Participants must follow GATE preparation tips to make better preparation for the exam as these are Self-Study Tips by Toppers to Crack GATE Exam-
How To Crack GATE Examination
Get Knowledge of Syllabus
To resolve How to Crack GATE Exam your first step must be go through complete syllabus of each subject which is included GATE 2018. Thereafter, check complete exam pattern to know each and every details about the exam such as topics, sections, marks, duration and no. of question.
Focus on Important and worthy Topics
As soon as you will get syllabus evaluate most important and worthy topics and prepare it as per the weight age perspective. Devote more time to worthy topics and get a strong command on it. Low weight age topics should be prepared later and don’t waste much time on worthless topics as High weightage topics enable you to score better marks.
Get Here: GATE Syllabus
Make Strategy and Study Topic wise
As evaluation of topic will done now set a schedule and daily wise target in which you will cover highly weightage topics first. Develop a routine for study according to planed strategy.
|Month||Topic To be Covered|
|April 2017||Learn Basics|
|July 2017 to October 2017|
|November 2017||Revision1 + Take Topic wise test|
|December 2017||Revision 2 + Take Subject Wise Test|
|January 2017||Revision 3 + Take Test of Complete Syllabus|
|February 2017||Attend Final GATE Exam|
Make Effective Time Management
As there will be limited time to complete the examination, thus, Effective Time Management is the most important factor. It’s all up to the candidates that how they will manage the time so that each and every questions will be completed on time.
- Do regular practice to increase the speed.
- Give limited time to each question.
- Don’t waste much time on not so scoring topics.
Update yourself with all Current Affairs
As the exam consist general knowledge paper so, it is mandatory for everyone to stay updates with all recent affairs-
- Read daily newspaper and GK books
- Watch News daily
- Make regular practice with online GK mock test.
Make Proper Revision of each topic
We learn a lot every day, but by the running it start forgetting day by day, so daily revision is very essential as through this you will get strong command on each topics.
- Revise in a Productive Manner
- Drafting model answers
Refer Best Study Material
GATE examination is very tough to crack so, candidates must require best GATE study material such as –
- Do regular practice with GATE Previous Year Paper
- Solve daily Model papers and sample papers
- Improve your efficiency with Online mock test
How To Crack GATE 2018 Exam Without Coaching?
Most of participants thought by getting coaching from the institutes, is the best sought to Crack GATE Exam easily, but the real facts is that, you can also crack Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering even without coaching. It may be possible that some successfully clear the test by getting coaching for GATE, however it is true that some might successfully qualify the test even without going for any coaching and even though top the exam.
You may be also one of them & qualify the exam without going for coaching institutes but what you need is better practice, self study, hard work and full dedication as it is the key factor to qualify the exam. So, in every case coaching is not the solution in fact it’s depends on your efforts of preparation. Do self study by setting routines, targets and do proper practice. Here are some Preparation tips To crack GATE Exam in First Attempt so have a look-
- Start preparations early, as per syllabus
- Do selective reading which is required
- Study according to plan and topics
- Find out your weeks points and get strong command over it to score well.
- Manage your time effectively and be disciplined. Develop a routine!
- Have good books and self made notes to prepare better
- Take online mock tests at regular intervals
- Make short notes and mind maps on a regular basis as they help in remembering memory.
- Most importantly you have to do it without coaching.
Read Here- How to Study without Distractions
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
Before starting preparation of the exam, all you need to do is get syllabus and exam pattern to know what you have to prepare for examination. Thereafter, check GATE Exam Pattern to know topics, sections, marks, duration, no. of question and all other relevant details about the examination to prepare accordingly-
- Number of Papers: GATE 2018 is conducted of 23 papers and you have to appear in only one of the 23 papers.
- Mode of Examination: Online (CBT) exam will be conducted.
- Duration: 3 hours will be given to complete the papers
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination.
- Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) is common in all papers which contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks, 5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
- New Section: In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
- Marking Scheme: Questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking for wrong questions 1/3 marks will be deducted for 1 marks of questions and Likewise, 1/3 marks for 2 marks questions.
|Section||Question No.||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|Technical + Engineering + Mathematics||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|Technical Section: 70 marks||General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics: 15 marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Question|
Hope you all are satisfied with the page which is well created regarding How to Crack GATE 2018 Exam. For more facts about the exam or other keep visiting to our site regularly that is ctrl+d key.
Have a Look On Below Given Section
|GATE Virtual Calculator||GATE Exam Pattern|
|GATE Results||GATE Score Card|
|GATE Admit Card||GATE Answer Key|