How to Prepare for XAT 2018 in 15 days | Best Preparation Guide, Decision Making Section
How to Prepare For XAT
Undoubtedly, this question is in every student’s mind that How to Prepare for XAT? XAT stands for Xavier Aptitude Test and it is nationalized level doorway examination conducted by XLRI. To select the most suitable candidates for management education organization conducts the XAT exam every year. Hereby candidates are informed that more than 100 other institutes for admission to their management programs use the XAT score. On this page, we have updated Best Preparation tips for XAT 2018.
Xavier Aptitude Test is expected to be conduct on first Sunday of the year in an online format. Xavier Aptitude Test Preparation Tips is comprised of the study plan, time management, solving last year question papers etc. Every year, a bulky number of students emerge for this exam to chase management courses.
If you are preparing for other management doorway tests like IIFT, CAT, and SNAP and want to perform as per your potential, you can deem half of your XAT preparations to be comprehensive. Though, there are various restricted test sections such as Essay Writing, General Awareness and Decision Making which you need to focus and prepare in order to get a good percentile. To know more about How to Prepare for XAT 2018 in 15 days, you need to scroll down the whole page which is structured by the team of indguru.com.
XAT Exam Pattern
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Total Time||Negative Marking|
|Decision Making||23||23||170 Mins||0.25 for any wrong answer and 0.05 for more than 13 unattempted questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|QA and DI||29||29|
|General Knowledge||25||25||35 Mins||No Negative Marking|
|Essay Writing||1 essay||No Negative Marking|
We have provided you subject wise XAT exam pattern in which four subjects are mentioned and you need to know the complete pattern such as number of questions, total marks, total time and negative marking. In below given table we are going to provide you predation tips, how can you prepare yourself for XAT 2018 in 15 days. Please have a look…
Check Here: XAT Application Form
How to Prepare for XAT 2018 in 15 days
Here are some general instructions to prepare for the XAT and keep your mind boggle free
|Days||Quantitative Aptitude||Analytical Reasoning||General Awareness|
|Day 1||Algebra 2-3 hours and Probability 2 hours||Analytical reasoning 3 hours and Ranking test 2 hours||Current affairs by reading newspapers for 1- 2 hours including notes/ Indian constitution|
|Day 2||Algebra 2-3 hours and Calendar / boats / streams 4 hours|
Blood relationship 2 hours/ statement assumption 1 hour and direction / distance test 2 hours
|Personality in news 2 hours/ current news|
|Day 3||Data interpretation/pie chart 5 hours and Pie chart / data interpretation and Probability / time and work 3 hours||Visual reasoning 2 hours/ inferences 1 hour||sport news 4 hours|
|Day 4||Pipes and cistern 3 hours and Probability 2 hours||Analytical reasoning 3 hours and Causes and effects 2 hours||History 4 hours|
|Day 5||Pipes and cistern 3 hours and Averages 2 hours / percentage 2 hours||Analog test 2 hours||Geography 2- 3 hours|
|Day 6||Algebra 2-3 hours and Calendar 3 hours||Causes and effects 2 hours/ blood relationship 2 hours||Geography 2-3 hours|
|Day 7||Work and time / boats / streams 4 hours and Percentage / Profit / loss 5 hours||Linear arrangements / visual reasoning 3 hours||History 2 hours/ current news 1 hour|
|Day 8||Linear / quadratic equation 4 hours||Ranking test/ causes and effects 4 hours||Politics 1 hour / sports news 1 hour|
|Day 9||Percentage / Profit / loss 5 hours and speed / boats / streams 4 hours||Analog test 1 hour/ matrix arrangement 2 hours||Economics 2 hour|
|Day 10||ratio/ percentage 2 hours Speed and time 2 hours||Analytical reasoning 1 hour / blood relationship 2 hour||Politics 2 hours / Indian constitution 2 hours|
|Day 11||Mensuration / permutation and combination 3 hours||Symbol based problems 3 hours and Analog test 2 hours||History 4 hours|
|Day 12||Mensuration / permutation and combination|
|Sequencing / coding / decoding 3 hours||geography / science 2 hours|
|Day 13||Time and distance 4 hours||Number series 2 hours||Literature 4 hours|
|Day 14||Data interpretation / pie chart 5 hours||Ranking test 2 hours||Literature 4 hours|
|Day 15||Simple interest and compound interests 2 hours||inferences / statement assumptions 4||sport news 2 hour|
Get Details Of: XAT Syllabus
Best Preparation Guide for XAT
XAT Preparation Strategy
The XAT exam can be split into three parts: practice intensive, concept driven, environment sensitive. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and select areas of Verbal & Logical Ability are concept driven; Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning is a simply practice rigorous segment while General Knowledge is environment sensitive.
XAT Verbal & Logical Ability
- Shove is on reasoning skills. Merely vocabulary-based questions are infrequently asked
- This section requires a very fine balance between quick reading and comprehension skills
- Significant Reasoning & Reading Comprehension areas have traditionally conquered this section
- Practicing crosswise Mock Tests is necessary for advanced performance
How To Prepare Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation For XAT
- Push areas are Geometry, Number Systems, P&C, Probability and Functions.
- Mainstream of the questions featured in this area have come from Geometry, Number Systems, Functions, P&C, Probability and Data Interpretation
- Tough theoretical base in the beyond topics, with a good application orientation is the key to doing well
How To Prepare For Decision Making And Analytical Reasoning Section Of XAT
- Consisting of assorted business and everyday situations, you are meant to set up what the diverse stakeholders should do in the situation given
- In common, the situations given in these questions set up interesting dilemmas for the parties involved, and most of the choices involve an scrutiny of the possible gains and losses with each course of action adopted
- Dissimilar types of questions probed in these areas include: moral dilemmas, monetary issues involving sales, revenues etc. of a company, employee management issues and general management scenarios.
How To Crack XAT Exam In First Attempt? Read Here
How To Prepare For XAT Essay Writing
- Reading the perspective page of nationwide newspapers may be of immense facilitating in this section.
- Going by the earlier period trends, XAT essay topics have had stronger conceptual proportions.
- The examiner is not only looking for language skills here, but is also evaluating coherence of thoughts, ability to provide logical arguments and your knowledge level.
- The topic is based on either a common phrase or an idiom with a theoretical hint implied within.
Dear candidates, we hope that you are satisfied with the above mentioned information; if yes then you can bookmark this web page by using CTRL+D. If you have any query then you can ask in comment box which is provided below.