IIT JAM 2018 Application Form jam.iitb.ac.in Online Registration, Notification & Exam Date
IIT JAM Application Form
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is a national level examination and perfect gateway to get admission in M.Sc, so, must apply by submitting IIT JAM Application Form till 10th October 2017. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is going to be organized by the IITs and IISc on 11th February 2018. Those who are interested must apply for IIT JAM 2018 Notification through IIT JAM Online Registration link.
Candidates have to submit filled in IIT JAM 2018 Application Form via online mode. Candidates for admission M.Sc (4 Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other courses, are required to qualify in relevant Test Paper and also satisfy Minimum Educational Qualifications and fulfill eligibility requirements of the respective Academic Programme. Those who want to grab additional details concerning IIT JAM Application Form 2018 must go through this page which is well prepared by the expert team member of indguru.com.
IIT JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in applying must ensure all eligibility details as given below –
- Indian & Foreign candidates can apply for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.
- Candidates should have completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institute to apply for IIT JAM notification 2018.
- One must have obtained at least 55% marks (Applicable for, General & OBC-NCL candidates) and 50% marks (in case of SC, ST and PwD categories).
- Students appearing for final year of qualifying exam are also eligible to apply IIT JAM Exam notification.
Read Here: List of Latest Admission Notices
IIT JAM 2018 Application Fee
Candidates have to IIT JAM Application Fee via online mode only through debit/credit card or net banking.
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories), SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of IIT JAM 2018 stats that-
- Exam will be organized through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of the exams 3 hours
- Question paper will set in English language only.
- Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Exam is divided into three sections.
- IIT JAM 2018 is of Total 100 marks.
- There will be no Negative Marking for Section B & C.
|Section||No. of Question|
|Section-A||30 MCQs (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Section-B||10 MSQs (Multiple Select Question)|
|Section-C||20 NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
IIT JAM 2018 Application Form Correction
If there are any mistakes in the JAM Application Form 2018, applicants will be provided an opportunity to make corrections. Correction facility in IIT JAM Application Form shall be provided in the first week of November 2017.
Get Here Details Of: IIT JAM Syllabus
How to submit IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
Those who want to apply for Joint Admission Test 2018 must need to fill up IIT JAM Application Form 2018 and submit it, so for you ease we have provided some simple easy steps follow the instructions to apply for test.
Step 1: Initially, candidates have to visit the official site of the organization that is jam.iitb.ac.in to fill up Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. Application Form.
Step 2: From the homepage, hit the suitable Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. notification link.
Step 3: Read complete details regarding IIT JAM Notification 2018.
Step 4: Thereafter Candidates have to register themselves before applying hit the suitable IIT JAM Registration link and enter name, Email, Mobile Number and Password
Step 5: Now press the “submit” button, after that, candidates will receive Email in which enrollment ID is provided.
Step 6: Login by using valid the ID & Password and fill up remaining details in the IIT JAM Online Application Form such as academic, qualification or as asked to fill.
Step 7: Then upload scanned images of documents, photograph, and signature certificates as applicable and pay up application fees via online mode along with IIT JAM online form.
Step 8: At last, check once the filled details and press “submit” button and take printout of the IIT JAM Application Form for future references.
Read Here- How to Fill Online Application Form
- Valid Email ID and Contact Number
- Payment details
- Personal, qualification & address details
- Scanned Colored photograph in JPG format
- Scanned signature in rectangular box.
- Category or PwD certificate scanned (if applicable)
Directly Link to Apply Online: Available Here
- Photograph should be uploaded of good quality.
- Photograph must be exact as per your appearance on the day of examination.
- Passport size (3.5 cm Width X 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face is required
- photograph must be in COLOR in JPEG format of standard 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm (Width X Height) print.
- Maximum size of the JPEG image can be 480 X in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel) and Minimum pixel size of the JPEG image can be 240 X and image should be in the range of 5KB to 200KB.
- Background of photograph must be white or light colour
- Face should occupy at least 50% area of the photograph
- Face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow and Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- If you wear spectacles, a photograph having glare with glasses is not acceptable. Well you may wear spectacles, if glare is there, and then remove the spectacles.
- Poor quality of photograph submitted will lead to rejection of IIT JAM Application Form.
- Draw rectangular box of size 2 cm X 7 cm (Height X Width) on an A4 white paper which must be Signed with black or dark blue ink pen.
- Signature with all CAPITAL LETTERS or in any other color than black and blue will lead to reject.
- Digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) must be scanned by using a professional scanner.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- Maximum image size of the signature can be 160 X in pixels.
- Minimum image size of the signature can be 80 X in pixels.
- File size of the image should be in the range of 5KB to 100KB.
Code of Conduct for IIT JAM 2018 Examination
Candidates appearing for IIT JAM 2018 Examination has to follow Rules and Regulations as given below-
- While appearing for JAM 2018 Examination must carry admit Card and original valid photo-identity proof in the examination hall as written in theIIT JAM 2018 Notification.
- Biometric system of verification will be used, finger-print of candidates will be captured before he/she IIT JAM 2018 exam so, don’t use (ink, mehendi, henna, or tattoo) on your fingertips during the examination day.
- Carrying of mobile wristwatches and calculators inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- Carrying electronic devices for any other purpose, and printed or hand-written textual materials in the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- Verbal communication among the candidates inside the exam hall shall strictly prohibit.
IIT JAM 2018 Examination Cities
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
|Application form release||5th September 2017|
|Last date to submit the online application||10th October 2017|
|Last date for application fee payment||10th October 2017|
|Admit card will be available||2nd week of January 2018|
|Mock test link||February 2018|
|Exam date||11th February 2018|
|Result announcement||20th March 2018|
|Submission of admission form||3rd – 17th April 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category||17th April 2018|
|First admission list released||22nd May 2018|
|Second admission list released||12th June 2018|
|Third & final admission list release||29th June 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||5th July 2018|
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|11th February 2018 (Sunday)||I||9:00AM to 12:00 Noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus
IIT JAM syllabus is divided into three sections i.e. Section A, B & C. Syllabus includes various topics such as BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics). Students can prepare according to syllabus and exam pattern provided on this page.
IIT JAM Admit Card 2018
JAM 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official site before 15 days of examination. You can download the IIT JAM 2018 Admit Card by entering details like Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, and Signature or as required via online mode.
Get Here Details Of: IIT JAM Admit Card
IIT JAM 2018 Result
IIT JAM Result 2018 will be released after completion of examination on the official site. AIR (All India Rank) rank list will be prepared so, you can check IIT JAM Results directly from here and qualified candidates will be go for next level of admission.
IIT JAM 2018 Counselling
Those who will be shortlisted in IIT JAM merit list are eligible to get admission. Candidates have to apply for admission by filling their preferences, education details, marks obtained, etc. Allotment of seats will be done as per the preferences filled, rank and availability of seats.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Question 1: How do I apply ONLINE?
Answer: Visit the official site and hit the “How to apply?” link read the instructions using JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link.
Question 2: Can I use one E-mail address to fill multiple application forms?
Answer: No, one E-mail address is use for one application form
Question 3: Why should I choose three examination cities?
If case you will not allotted centers which you have chosen, there will be other alternative of centers available.
Question 4: Do I have to send the printout of the application form?
Answer: No, you don’t need to send printout of application, you have to submit it online.
Question 5: When and how will I know the status of my application?
Answer: Login to the JOAPS website and check the status of application.
Question 6: I have missed to take a printout of my ONLINE application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
Answer: Login using your JOAPS Enrollment ID and JOAPS password and then get printout of it from JOAPS website.
Question 7: If I have not uploaded photograph as per the specifications mentioned, will my application be rejected?
Answer: Yes, application will be rejected.
Question 8: Will I be provided the paper sheets for rough work and calculations during the test?
Answer: Scribble pad will be provided for rough work which one needs to return after the examination.
Question 9: Can I bring a physical calculator during the examination?
Answer: Now you are not allowed to bring a physical calculator,
Question 10: Can I bring soft copy of the Admit card (in mobile phone/ tablet/ laptop) to gain entry to the examination hall?
Answer: No, only hard copy of Admit card will be permissible.
We have provided complete details about the IIT JAM 2018 Application Form but still if someone wants to grab additional details regarding the same must visit the Official Link. Kindly bookmark this page so that any latest info will be intimated shortly we will update you.