Railway Current Affairs
Are You Planning For Railway Exam!!! Let’s Have a look on latest Railway Current Affairs which will help you a lot to get good scores: Indian Railway Recruitment Board conducts recruitment exam time to time to fill various vacant positions in various departments. Contenders, if you are planning to prepare for the railway exam and looking for Railway Latest News, so here on this page, you may get the Latest Updates of Railways. Afterwards, you may also download GK Questions & Answers through this page. If you want to get good scores in exam, so you need to go through the Latest Railway Current Affairs. For more information regarding Railway Current Affairs 2017, you need to go through the below section of this page which is well represented by the team members of indguru.com
Railway Latest News
- Union Cabinet approves setting up Rail Development Authority
- Delhi-Patna Rajdhani Express robbers will be nabbed soon: Indian Railways
- Railways get tough with food contractors violating norms
- Do not advertise unhealthy products on trains, says health ministry to railway authorities
- Service charge exemption on railway e-ticket extended till June 30
- Flexi-fare system in premier trains to be revised again: Railways
- Now unreserved rail tickets on smartphones in 15 more stations
- Rail Ministry tweets about official menu rate–Check out full price list of meal items
- Suresh Prabhu unveils Antyodaya rail coaches for common man
- Mission Raftaar! Trains to soon run at 160 km/h on Delhi-Howrah, Delhi-Mumbai routes
- Strategic boost! Indian Railways to lay 240-kilometre rail track in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Get Here: Railway Exam Books
Railway General Knowledge Questions and Answers
Question 1: When was the first train steamed off in India?
Question 2: Where is the Railway Staff College located?
Question 3: Who of the following is known for having designed the first railway timetables?
- George Bradman
- George Bernard Shaw
- George Bradshaw
- George Brummel
Question 4: Which of the following is the eastern-most division of the Indian Railways?
Check Here: How to Crack any Government Exam
Question 5: Which of the following stations has all the three guages viz. broad, metre and narrow?
Question 6: Fairy Queen, the world’s oldest steam locomotive in regular operation, plies between New Delhi and –
Question 7: Shatabdi Express trains were introduced in 1989 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of which of the following personalities?
- Swami Vivekanand
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Rabindranath Tagore
Question 8: Which of the following is the largest zone in terms of route kilometers?
- Western Railways
- Eastern Railways
- Northern Railways
- Southern Railways
Question 9: Through which of the following group of states does the Konkan Railways run?
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Andhra Pradesh – Kerala
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Goa – Kerala
- Maharashtra – Karnataka – Kerala – Tamil Nadu
- Karnataka – Goa – Kerala – Tamil Nadu
Read Also: Last Minute Tips To Crack Railway Exams
Question 10: Which of the following zonal headquarters – city combination is incorrect?
- South East Central – Bilaspur
- North Western – Jodhpur
- East Central – Hajipur
- West Central – Jabalpur
Question 11: In which city is the Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) being set up as announced in the Railway Budget 2013?
- Rae Barelly
Question 12: The first Indian railway line was opened by the British :
- From Delhi to Bombay
- From Bombay to Thane
- From Calcutta to Allahabad
- From Bombay to Madras
Get Here: Railway Exam Syllabus
Question 13: Which state has the longest route kilometers of railway line in India?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Question 14: Gorakhpur which has the longest railway platform in the world is located in which of the following states?
- West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh
Read Also: 12 Tips to Reduce Negative Marking in Exams
Question 15: Which of the following stations was formerly known as Victoria Terminus?
- Churchgate Railway Station
- Mumbai Central
- Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
- Chhatrapathi Shivaji Terminus
Question 16: Over which of the following rivers is the world’s highest railway bridge in Kashmir being constructed?
Question 17: Which of the following is the largest railway junction in India?
Question 18: Who of the following was the first Railway Minister of independent India?
- John Mathai
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Shanmugham Shetty
Do You Know? How to Study without Distractions
Question 19: Headquarters of which one among the following Railway Zones in India is situated at the highest elevation from the mean sea level?
- East Central Railway
- South Eastern Railway
- South Western Railway
- West Central Railway
Question 20: Which of the following is the largest marshalling yard in India (also the longest in Asia)?
Something that You Should Know
The Indian Railways begins from April 16, 1853 and the Headquarters of Indian Railway is located in New Delhi, India and Indian Railway is one of biggest world’s railway networks which is respected and accepted by the rest world. Indian Railways is divided into 4 zones – Northern Railways, Southern Railways Eastern Railways, and Western Railways and it has around 1.3 million of staff devoted to sharpen the quality and workings of Indian Railways. Indian Railways conducts recruitment exam every year for the purpose of hiring qualified and hard working candidates.
Check Out: Tips to crack Railway Online Test
Railway Exam Preparation Books
- Ramesh Rly Group D Exam Guide: RPH Editorial Board
- Ramesh Rly Tech. Exam Pre. Solved Papers: RPH Editorial Board
- Ramesh Rly Psychological Tests & Interviews: Sanjay Kumar
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations: R. S. Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic: Rajesh Verma – Arihant Publications
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths: M Tyra- Bsc Publications
- A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal, Non – Verbal & Analytical: Rajesh Verma – Arihant Publications
- Analytical Reasoning: M. K. Pandey- Bsc Publications
- 14000 + Objective Questions – General Studies: Manohar Pandey- Arihant Publications
- Objective General Knowledge: Lucent Publication
- Sankhyatmak Abhiyogyata (Quantitative Aptitude) 1st Edition Paperback: R. S. Aggarwal
- Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination: Khanna & Verma
- Arithmetic: R.s Aggarwal
- Quicker reasoning test: Upkar publication
- English Grammar: Wren & martin
- Railway Recruitment Board Exam: Upkar Publication
- Special class Railway Apprentice: Upkar Publication
- Verbal & non verbal Book: R.s Aggarwal
- Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books: Upkar Publication
- Arihant Railway Group (D): Bahrti Pariksha J296
Check Also: Upcoming Railway Jobs
Applicants may get complete details regarding Railway Current Affairs 2017 through this page of indguru.com. We are also trying to cover upcoming Railway Current Affairs 2017 so you should bookmark this page (by pressing Ctrl+D) for quick access. Applicants if you have any query then you can drop comment in comment box. You can also connect us on Face book and Google Plus to acquire capable interrelated information openly to your wall.