UPSC Exam Pattern 2018 Check Latest Change upsc.gov.in New Format Download
UPSC Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission implements new formats of exam pattern time to time. Thus, if you are preparing for UPSC Exam then you must know about the latest changes in UPSC Exam Pattern. So, for the ease of appliers here we are providing Exam Pattern Of UPSC for various exam such as IAS, NDA, APFC, EPFO etc. Aspirants are required to check UPSC Exam Pattern Change and plan their exam strategy accordingly. If you want to download UPSC Exam Pattern And Syllabus 2018 Pdf as well as to get UPSC Exam Pattern In Marathi or any other language then you can go through the Official Website of commission that is upsc.gov.in or using the direct link as available below on this web page.
With the purpose to enroll most eligible candidates for various vacant posts in different departments, the Union Public Service Commission conducts competitive exams every year. Numerous numbers of contenders applied for UPSC Exams. Thus, if you want to crack this exam or want to beat the competition then need to start your preparation according to UPSC Exam Pattern Pdf.
Candidates who are preparing for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Exam then must check IAS Exam Pattern And Syllabus as given below. You can also get IAS Exam Pattern In Tamil via official web portal. UPSC Exam Pattern 2018 Pdf will aware about the weightage of the exam that is number of questions, duration of the exam etc. Aspirants who want to obtain UPSC Exam Pattern 2018 directly they can go through this web page which is well created by the team of indguru.com
Paper Pattern Of UPSC Exam
|UPSC IFS Exam Pattern||CDS Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern||IES ISS Exam Pattern|
|UPSC IAS Exam Pattern||NDA Exam Pattern|
UPSC Exam Pattern
In order to know the paper structure and marking scheme, applicants must check latest UPSC Exam Pattern here. Candidates who are preparing for IAS, CDS, NDA and any other exam they can get updated Union Public Service Commission Exam Pattern here. IAS Officer Exam Pattern also helps you to make the exam strategy accordingly. Aspirants can also download IAS Exam Pattern And Syllabus PDF via official website of UPSC.
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern
Contenders are preparing for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Exam they can check latest IAS Exam Pattern And Syllabus 2018 here for better exam preparation. Candidates are informed that the IAS Exam is divided in two parts that is Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam. Aspirants who will qualify the IAS Pre Exam they are eligible to appear in IAS Mains Exam. Here you can check IAS Pre/ Mains Exam Pattern. Have a look!!
IAS Pre Exam Pattern
- In IAS Preliminary Exam, the questions will be asked from the subject namely General Ability Test (GAT) and English Language/ Aptitude.
- Only multiple choice questions will be asked.
- You are required to choose only one correct answer form the four options available.
- Each subject carry 200 marks.
- ¼ of the marks will be deducted from the correctly answers.
- The question paper will be available in both the languages that is Hindi and English.
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Ability Test (GAT)||200|
|Paper 2||English Language and Aptitude||200|
Check Now: IAS Syllabus
IAS Mains Exam Pattern
These are some important points to be kept in mind given in UPSC Exam Pattern for the main examination and interview:
- The paper pattern consists of Qualifying Papers and Papers to be counted for Merit formation.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to appear in both the phases.
- Candidate who will fail in the Qualifying Papers will be rejected for the next round.
- The main examination consists of seven papers and each subject carries 250 marks.
- There are two optional subjects; candidates have to choose one subject among them.
Paper A: candidates have to choose only one Indian language included in the 6th Schedule of the Constitution and that will be of 300 marks.
Paper B: English – 300 Marks
Papers which are counted for the Merit Calculation
This table will help you to prepare for the compulsory papers, the marks you will obtain in the paper will be added to calculate the merit and prepare the UPSC IAS Merit List.
|Sr. No.||Title of the Paper||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Essay writing||250|
|Paper 2||General Studies–I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper 3||General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250|
|Paper 4||General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio‐diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper 5||General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)||250|
|Paper 6||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250|
|Sub Total in the Written Test||1750|
|Grand Total ( for merit calculation)||2025|
You Can Also Check:
List of the Optional Subjects for IAS Main Examination
Candidates, you can choose any of the subjects form the language content in 6th Schedule:
Personality Test/ Interview
Appliers who will qualify IAS Preliminary and Mains Exam they will be called for the personality test which is of 275 marks. Personality test includes psychometric Test, Assessment Test as well as Personal Interview. Final merit list will be prepared according to the marks obtained in the personality test.
UPSC APFC Exam Pattern
Assistant Provident Fund Exam Pattern
|Section A||General English||50|
|Section B||General Studies||50|
UPSC EPFO Exam Pattern
Candidates who are searching for UPSC Enforcement/Accounts Officers Exam Pattern they can check it here and make their exam strategy accordingly.
- Applicants are required to make their strong grip on subjects namely General English, General Science, Mental Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and General Accounting Principles.
- Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Each question carries 01 mark.
- The duration of exam is 2 hours.
|Exam Type||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Objective Type||General English|| |
|General Accounting Principles|
Get Here Details Of: UPSC Syllabus
UPSC JWM Exam Pattern
UPSC Exam Pattern And Syllabus of Junior Work Manage (JWM) is most important factor to crack the examination. Thus, if you want to get updated UPSC JWM AEE Exam Pattern then you can check below. Have a look!!
- The Examination will be descriptive as well as objective.
- The candidates need to attend all the papers in the examination.
- Time allotted will be as per the paper they are attending.
- There will be negative marking in the examination
|S.No||Name of The Subject|
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern
- The nature of the NDA Exam is pen paper based written type offline examination.
- For NDA exam the candidates have to answer the questions for the two subjects which are Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- The duration of exam is 5 hours.
- The exam paper carries 900 marks in total.
- 33 marks of penalty will be deducted as a Negative Marking.
- The candidates have to answer only one correct answer for the four options available. The question paper comprises of subjects such as Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Freedom Movement, Geography and Current Events. The subject wise marks distribution is as follows:
NDA Paper Pattern
|6.||History, Freedom Movement, etc.||80|
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s vital organization, which provides the job platform to those candidates who are desirous to do government jobs. The commission conducts various exams such as, Civil Services Exam, IFS, NDA, CDS, SCRA etc. Civil services examination is popularly known as IAS exam and includes almost 24 services like IFS, IPS, IRS, IRPS and so on. UPSC Civil Services exam is one the toughest competitive exam. According to the Latest UPSC Notification 2017-18, there are various vacancies for UPSC Civil Services. Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. Many aspirants, who are willing to crack UPSC exams, don’t know about the UPSC Exam Pattern. So, we have here provided the details of UPSC Exam Pattern. Candidates can check it and plan their exam strategy accordingly.
Key Tactics for UPSC Exam
- Candidates must have updated UPSC Syllabus and UPSC Exam Pattern according to exam.
- Make easy hand written short notes.
- Follow the procedure of learn and write, this will help you to remember the topics.
- Make a proper study plan, schedule etc and give proper time to each and every subject.
- To know the paper pattern, you are advised to solve UPSC Previous Year Questions Papers.
- Practice at least 4 to 5 UPSC Sample Papers to increase your speed and accuracy.
- Focus on your goal and definitely you will achieve success.
- Revise the topics which you have learned earlier.
- Study place should be peaceful where nobody could disturb you.
- Prepare for the exam according to UPSC exam pattern.
- Must choose UPSC Best Books according to exam and syllabus.
Check Out: All PSC Updates
UPSC Preparation Books
If you are searching for Best UPSC Books then you can check it here with the author’s name and buy it from any shopping website through internet. These UPSC Exam Books are also available in the market.
|UPSC Exam Books||Author’s Name|
|General Studies For Civil Services Preliminary Examination||TMH|
|UPSC Civil Services Prelims in 60 days||Rakesh Dwivedi|
|IAS Prelims 22 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers||Disha|
|Essays for Civil Services||Pulkit Khare|
|India After Gandhi||Ramchandra Guha|
|Norman Lowe OR History of Modern World||Jain and Mathur|
|Social Problems In India||Ram Ahuja|
|History Of Modern India||Bipan Chandra|
|India’s Struggle For Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|India’s Ancient Past||R.S. Sharma|
|Indian Art and Culture||Nitin Singhania|
|Geography of India||Majid Husain|
|India Year Book (Current Affairs)||–|
|Manorama Yearbook. (Current Affairs)||–|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|India and the World||Surendra Kumar|
|IAS Mains General Studies||Arihant|
Here on this web page we have provided detailed information related to UPSC Exam Pattern. To collect more details about UPSC Exam Pattern 2018 you can go through the Official Link. Candidates can also bookmark this web portal by pressing ctrl+d to avail UPSC 2018 Exam Pattern.
Have a Look on Below Given Section
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Answer Key|
|UPSC Recruitment||UPSC Registration|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Results|