UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2017–2018 Indian Forest Service Preliminary/Mains Paper Pattern, Subjects Exam Details
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern
Preparing for Indian Forest Service Exam? Don’t seek anywhere else as we have provided here UPSC IFS Exam Pattern. Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) organizes this exam every year under the competitive civil services exam in two parts that is Preliminary/Mains. Candidates who are keen to appear for the Indian Forest Service Exam are advised to carefully go through the exam scheme so that they may compete with tough competition. Therefore the aspirants need to start their preparation in advance and going through the complete subject details will help them to manage their schedule according to the weightage of the subjects. We have discussed here UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2017-2018 in detail for the convenience of the candidates, interested applicants are required to read the entire post.
All the participants of the exam must be aware that there will be 2 papers for Indian Forest Service Exam that is Prelims and Mains and they have to qualify both the exam followed by interview. Those applicants who dream to crack UPSC IFS exam in first attempt they must be aware of the changes made by government since 2013, they are suggested to keep proper knowledge of New Exam Pattern. Candidates can get UPSC IFS New Paper Pattern from the below section of this page which is well modified by our unit of indguru.com
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern
There will be two stages for Indian Forests Service Examination:
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Indian Forest Service Main Examination (Written and Interview).
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2017-2018
- Candidates applying for Indian forest service examination should note that they are required to appear in the civil services (preliminary) examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian forest service (main) examination (written and interview).
- Contenders who got selected on the basis of merit list made after the written exam, they will be called for Interview Round.
- In prelims exam the question paper will be of objective type with MCQs (multiple choice questions).
- Question paper will be in both the languages- English as well as Hindi.
- There will be two papers of 200 Marks each.
- Questions in this exam will be based on English Language, Comprehension of class 10th level will be given to solve in English only.
- The total duration of this examination will be of 2 hours that is 120 minutes.
Candidates who belong to Blind category they will be provided extra twenty minutes to solve the answers.
|Paper I: General Studies||200 marks|
|Paper II: Aptitude test||200 marks|
- There will be total 6 papers of different subjects for UPSC IFS Main Exam.
- Subjects for paper 1 and paper 2 are General English and General Knowledge which are compulsory subjects.
- And paper 3,4,5 and 6 are from optional subjects.
|Paper-3||Any two subjects|
to be selected from the list
of the optional subjects.
|Each subject will have|
two papers, 200 marks
for each paper.
Check Here: UPSC IFS Syllabus
List of Optional subjects
- Agriculture Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
You Can Also Check: IFS Application Form
Combination of subjects that are not allowed:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject.
Pattern for Interview:
- Total marks for the interview will be 300 Marks and interview will be conducted by Board of competent and unbiased observers to choose suitable
- Candidates who will get shortlisted in the UPSC Indian Forest Service Civil Services Preliminary Exam have to apply online for the UPSC IFS Main Exam
- Aspirants are suggested to stay tuned with this web page for more updates.
Must Read – How to Crack any Government Exam
|Examination Date (Pre)||18th June, 2017|
|Examination Date (Main)||3rd December, 2017|
To fetch more info. regarding UPSC IFS Exam Pattern 2017-2018, candidates can also visit official website of the Union Public Service Commission. And if you have any query you may ask us in the given comment box.
Check These Related Links:
Candidates can also bookmark this page by pressing ctrl+d our dedicated team members of inguru.com will provide here latest updates related to UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern.